Postcard Campaign - I am the 48%
Are you worried about the outcome of the EU referendum?
Update - 1st September 2016:
Thousands of Postcards have been sent, but you can still get involved!
1. Take part in and help us share our Thunderclap, so that social media messages will go out from thousands of accounts across Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr at the same time on Monday 5th September, at 10am.
2. Change your social media profile pictures to one of the EU images we've used as part of the campaign for 24 hours on Monday 5th September.
Initial Campaign Information
Then please join us in sending Theresa May a postcard, to arrive on Friday 2nd September, explaining some of your concerns to her. We hope that thousands of postcards will thud onto the doormat at 10 Downing Street, sending a clear message to the government that many of us are still very concerned about the UK's future relationship with the EU.
Supported by campaign group 'the 48% and beyond', the postcard event aims to make sure that the voices of the people who want the UK to remain part of the EU are still heard, and to show that we are not going to meekly accept Brexit. Arriving just as the MPs return from their summer recess, and prior to the debate on the 2nd EU Referendum, on Monday 5th September, a deluge of postcards will send a clear visual signal that this issue really matters and that we are passionate about Britain's future.
So how do you get involved?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Create your card - click here for 'how to' and to download the image.
- Write a simple message on the back of the postcard, relating to the Brexit issue that matters to you.
- Address the postcard to Theresa May, 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA
- Stick a 1st class stamp on it.
- Put it in the post on Thursday 1st September, so that it will arrive on Friday 2nd September
- Tell all your friends and family about it and encourage them to send one too!
In addition, we'd like you to send a postcard to your MP too, to their address at the Houses of Parliament*, with a similar message and also to arrive on Friday 2nd September.
And if you have a Facebook profile then please change your profile picture to the
'I am the 48% and beyond' image on Monday 5th September,
to show your support for the campaign.
*If you don't know who your MP is, go to this website and type in your postcode. This will give you the name of your MP and their address at the Houses of Parliament and at their constituency. Make sure you write to them at the Houses of Parliament so all postcards arrive in the same place!